Layered Lunch Jar With Beluga Lentils Chickpeas Pomegranate And Baba Ganoush
Once only used for storing jams and pickles, mason jars have recently found a whole new purpose. As a stylish and adult version of a lunchbox. Make four lunch jars with Beluga Lentils, Chickpeas, Pomegranate And Baba Ganoush.
Ingredients (makes 4 lunch jars)
2.5 dl beluga lentils
2–3 chioggia beet
1 small bunch kale
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 small pomegranate, the seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon tahini
1 pinch of ground cumin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package. Drain and leave to cool.
3. Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and roast for about 20–30 minutes, it should be soft all the way through when done. Allow to cool, scrape out the meat and discard the skin. Mix with olive oil, lemon juice and tahini in a blender until smooth. Season with cumin, salt and pepper.
4. Finely slice the chioggia beet with a mandolin slicer and coarsely chop the kale.
5. Layer all the ingredients in jars and top with the Baba Ganoush.